by Kassandra Lamb
I’m guest posting today over on Janice Hardy’s wonderful site for authors: Fiction University. So thrilled to have this opportunity!
I’m talking about the pros and cons of writing short stories/novellas vs. full-length novels. Please hop on over and check it out!
To Write or Not To Write Short:
Short stories, novellas, novels—what’s the best route to go as a fiction writer? Are there advantages to writing short?
This is a more complicated question than it may seem to be on the surface. There are several factors to consider:
● The definition of a short story vs. a novella
● The appeal of writing short for the author
● How readers feel about short stories and novellas vs. full-length novels
● The benefits of shorts for authors
● The bottom line: how much can you make off of shorts?
In order to give you more than just my take on writing short, I surveyed several authors from various genres. I’ve included their experiences along with my own… Read More